Re: Arnie..

>By 'eck Big Chap, ow did know t'was Arnie elping me orl along. Eard is lad
>was "wavin stick" sumwer.

I think I've figured these out, but is there a translation service
that the Yanks on the list can subscribe to deal with future
outbreaks of this regional dialect in list missives.  We poor
colonists have become less than fluent during our years of
estrangement.-Although one of the British leaders of Shakespearian
drama said recently that our (Yank) twist on the language is closer
to the Elizabethan variety than that spoken today-but then, in all
fairness, that WAS pre-brass bands.

Cheers!