Ex bandmasters

Hi all,

I know this is not related to any thread at the moment but thought you might
find it interesting.

My band ( Bairnsdale Citizens Band ) just spent a lovely weekend in Corowa,
New South Wales as part of the annual Federation celebrations. Corowa is the
birthplace of Federation in Australia. The weekend involved many Brass Bands
in performances and marches including several massed marces around the
streets and footy ovals where we performed to Federal and State politicians
as well as international visitors. I don't know if the Olympic Minister was
there to witness our marching ;-)

The high point of this trip for me was the fact that we had no fewer than
three Bandmasters involved in our group, one current Bandmaster ( me ) and
the two immediate past Bandmasters. The two past Bandmasters even shared
accommodation for the weekend. ( one was playing Eupho and the other is our
new Drum Major ). I wonder how many bands can say that ex Bandmasters are
still interested in the goings on of their bands after leaving and are still
active in their performances. It seems to me that most changes in Bandmaster
are accompanied by a great deal of ill-will and ungraceful departures.

Our band always tries to have fun. Our march for the weekend ?
............Achy, Breaky Heart. ( boot scooters included - wives & mothers,
etc.. )

Kees Dogger - Bairnsdale IS the bush !
dogger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx