Re: Leaky Valves!

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 at 08:23:10 -0000, Charles Biscoe wrote:
> I have a water trap which came with my new Besson Sovereign. It was a
> revelation to me and many others and one of the most useful devices ever. It
> collects fairly large volumes which had previously soaked my leg. Output
> from the 3rd valve was particularly noticeable. Thet can't be that
> expensive, and I have even seen one constructed out of a plastic tube.

I found that a simple solution which dramatically reduced the amount of
embarrassing water on the trousers was to always put the instrument on
my lap with the valve slides *down*. This way, the water in the slides
doesn't drain into the valves when you're not playing.

Emptying the valve slides regularly I take as read.

Ian