Funding for a bandroom

Dear All,

Enderby Band in Leicester, UK has a new project - fundraising for a new
band room. The organisation consists of Senior, Youth and Junior Bands
with over 100 players in total. Currently, all the bands rehearse at
different venues. This means transporting equipment from venue to venue -
obviously not an ideal situation. In addition the band lacks a room which
it can call its own.

As such, Enderby Band is looking at the possibility of building their own
band room. It is felt that this will provide the final piece in the jigsaw
and strengthen the organisation to ensure its continued success.

The band would probably be looking for National Lottery funding in order
to try and finance some of the project. Even if the band is successful in
obtaining money from the Lottery, they will still have to raise a great
deal of money themselves.

I was wondering if anyone out there has experience of building a band
room? In addition, how did the band finance the construction of the band
room? We have had a couple of brainstorming sessions to try and come up
with some novel fundraising ideas but wondered if any of you out there had
any ideas that successfully worked for you when building a band room.

Our project is very much in its infancy at present and any information or
advice which people could provide would be very much appreciated.

Perhaps it would be better to reply to me off list to prevent clogging up
the list. My e-mail address is: sgadsden@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance

Best Wishes
Stuart Gadsden