RE: Return of Graeme McCulloch

Martin wrote:

>All I can say is that the 'unsponsored village band'
>has an identity (unlike your band), players join for
>reasons other than money (unlike your band),and the
>band will be around long after the sponsorship money
>of other top bands dries up and all the overpaid
>mercenaries leave (like your band).

Hey, I joined for reasons other than money! Mainly 'cause they wouldn't give
me any!!! If only I'd taken up sop instead!

>By the way, is it true that your sop player has just
>left and joined Fodens?

No, but he is doing after the area. Boy, is that sop a sought after
instrument!

>Maybe you can re-acquire him! Get your cheque book out, ha ha !

No comment.

>Graeme came back to B&R from YBS because he didn't
>enjoy it, regretted going in the first place, and
>not because of money.

Yes, but did he leave for money in the first place? Maybe you have a
(previously?) overpaid mercenary in your ranks. The cheque book ruleth all -
well most principal cornet players anyway!! And most sops come to think of
it (which I do!).

>I bet people find it hard to believe that some
>players just don't want to play for YBS (who are
>obviously the best band in history - or so the media
>would have us believe), even for money.

No, no Martin - not the best band in history, the best Rent-A-Crowd in
history (which the media strangely never mentions). 'People' who deafen
ordinary audience members by screaming and whistling 2 bars before the end
of ANY musical performance should be taken outside and shot (Sorry wrong
thread!).

>I wonder what I would say if they ever asked me to
>play for them, it could well start with an F and end
>with an F........

Same here. But then they wouldn't ask me. Unless I take up sop, hmmm, now
there's an idea!

>Cheerio matey, its nice to get controversial again.

Always a pleasure Martin. See you at the bar!

Regards,

Paul W (Secondary brass instrument player)

PS. I hear Pete Roberts is going back to Grimey. Its going to be an
expensive month for YBS!

PPS. Martin - can I borrow your Tune-a-Day book #1 for sop? When you've
finished with it - ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!