Fodens Sop.

Interesting comments regarding payments / retainers etc paid to certain
players in certain bands.
I myself have never received a retainer, nor have many of my respected
colleagues, we do receive a small, nominal fee for engagements at Faireys
which just about covers the cost of a couple of pints and fish and chips on
the way home but nobody at Faireys receives a retainer, we're there for the
pride and honour of making great music and that's exactly how it should be.
Having said that, surely, what people get paid for their regular jobs and
banding interests is their own PRIVATE business.
On a more important thread, Why has Tracy Redfearn left Fodens ?, IMHO I
respect Tracy as one of the classiest acts on Soprano today, I hope she has
left to concentrate on her professional career, but, rumours abound that
that is not the case, I only hope that these rumours are unfounded.
Would any of the Fodens players on the list please pass on my best wishes to
Tracy.

Kevin Crockford.