Re: High and mighty

Fair enough point Monkey, but what about an up and coming player that has started
with say a 4th section band and has the opportunity to play in a 2nd section band.
Should he limit his musical growth due to his loyalty ?
Unfortunately in all areas of sport we see good players chop and change teams in
the interest of there own growth (mostly financially) - we have even seen players
not playing for their country because they play for an overseas club.
Also "loyalty" is a two way street - I have witnessed brass bands only supporting
their young players once these players reached a level that the band could "use"
and then wonder why the players want to step up a rung with another band !

Tony Kavanagh