Re: High and mighty/Loyalty

Tony Kavanagh wrote :

>Subject: Re: High and mighty
>Fair enough point Monkey, but what about an up and coming player that has
started
>with say a 4th section band and has the opportunity to play in a 2nd
section band.
>Should he limit his musical growth due to his loyalty ?

Definitely NOT.

I played with a 4th section band for 16 years before being coaxed to join a
Championship Section band who I have been with for 12 years now. That's only
two bands in my playing career.
I still keep in touch and help out my village band whenever I can.
 However I wish I had moved on years earlier as it definitely held me back
in terms of playing standard.

PS. Monkey, thanks, I had a blow with Willoughby in Sydney.....

Gerry.

www.denham-hendon-brass.org.uk