Re: High and mighty (and loyalty)

Carol WILLS wrote:

> You know Monkey, I think that allegiences to bands can change over the
> years, and it's not being disrespectful to the band or the people in the
> band, and it doesn't mean you are any less proud to play for them.   I don't
> think it's that cut and dried.
>
> I have two bands that I love.....

I agree entirely. There are a number of bands that I 'like' too. I think that is
good to move on up the ladder. My argument about lack of loyalty was directed at
players who chop and change bands as often as they change their jocks for the
wrong reasons. I realise that this does not happen in Oz 'cos their ain't really
enough bands, but in the UK it is rife. A player can have a list of bands (from
the same section, so not transferring to better bands necessarily) that just
about fills a registration card.

You can be loyal to one band and then move on to another. There are some people
who just use bands to get to their own goals though.

Monkey