Re: High and mighty (and loyalty)

Dear all

When I first came to London to live over 12 years ago I joined the Fulham
Band and although I have been registered as a player with Crystal Palace
for 10 of those years (still currently am!) I have played with both bands
off and on during this time - and indeed  will continue to do so as and
when I am required/able, all without expecting payment for my services or
time.  I also maintain both band's respective websites, again free of charge,
 an arrangement I've had no complaints about despite many of Fulham's "own"
people having adequate access and IT skills at their disposal to take this
role over from me.  So even though I rarely go to Fulham's rehearsals these
days I am basically  treated as "one of the family" by them and made most
welcome when I do turn up, as are all who come Fulham's way, even those
only "passing through town".  A couple of weekends ago,  I went out socially
with a group of Fulham folk  to celebrate someone there's birthday.  That's
not something that happens all that much within Crystal Palace but nevertheless
I do enjoy the music I help make to encourage me to stay where I am.  The
fact that CPB is more local than Fulham these days anyhow, doesn't however
stop my "other half " from trecking half-way across London up to twice maybe
three times a week for rehearsals/committee meetings, etc.  There have been
many occasions where we've had a suitable vacancy for him to fill long-term
at CPB but he's never even been tempted to take it, let alone done so, out
of respect to our friends, the people of Fulham (and he's capable of playing
at CPB's level, namely 2 sections higher than Fulham Band!)

So as Carol said earlier ....... loyalty DOES go a lot deeper than money.

A.T.