Re: NWMBBA Derby Contest - Sunday 6th Feb

On Mon, 07 Feb 2000 at 14:33:30 -0000, Jeremy Bowman wrote:

> Did anyone go to this contest on Sunday just gone?  I'm probably opening up
> a can of worms here but I feel strongly enough to ask the members of the
> list who were there about their feelings of the results.

I wasn't there. But I've been at a contest where the band I was playing
for came out much worse than I thought was justified. I don't suppose
there are many members of the list that's not happened to.

We've played a test piece at the printed metronome
mark and been told it was much too slow. Etc. "That's contesting".

Somehow, when you come top of the section, the adjudicator's abilities
seem so much better...

Ian