Women in banding (Oh no - not again!)

Martin wrote:

>My top nomination would be the girl called Cheryl
>who used to play percussion with Boarshurst band
>(in Lancashire).

I think Ros Davis is rather good looking myself (ex-YBS).
Especially for a trombone player!!!

>I didn't see the Girls of Brass Concert, but I've
>heard they are pretty good.  They should do a
>themed concert next (such as a French night - they
>could include the Can-Can plus any pieces featuring
>French Maids - Four Little Maids perhaps?).  They
>would clearly have to dress the part to make
>the music work!

Pure class!

>Maybe we should start a thread on a list of pieces
>that could be played by an all-female band.

How about:
(i) Handbags on Stage (a little known concert opener by Goff Richards), or
(ii) Rhapsody on a Broken Fingernail (an early work by Philip Sparke which I
believe was rejected as a test piece for the mineworkers championships of
1974).

>Martin.
>B&R
>(not sexist at all, I'm all for women in bands,
>as long as not in B&R!)
>ps. are there any pieces of music to do with Lady Godiva?

All hail Martin - King of the politically in-correct!

Paul W