RE: Girls of brass

HI, Ian!

There are far too few women brass players, that's for sure!

As for the best-looking one, I'd have to say that I'm rather partial to the
principal cornet in the Illinois Brass Band, Laura Smith.

I realize, however,  that I am not entirely unbiased, as she is my
fiancee.... :-)

By the way, we (the IBB) are coming to England this summer, for a week-long
concert tour, beginning with the Whit Friday contests.  When all the details
are settled, I'll post them so any of you interested in hearing how a Yank
band sounds, can come hear us and make up your own minds!

Hope to see some of you then!

Guy Clark
solo cornet, Illinois Brass Band