Re: Women in banding

I am not a prude by any stretch, but if I were a female (I'm not) who had
accomplished enough to have been playing in any band, never mind an all-star
female band (I'd never heard of "The Girls of Brass" until this thread), I
would be flattered that you would think some of us were pretty.
However, that seems to be the thread exclusively.  Very little about their
abilities, only their appearances.  It has been hard enough, I'm sure, for
these ladies to break into the traditional male bastion of brass banding,
and to now be treated like this must be rather disheartening.

Sincerely,
Ian Cooper
p.s. (I like women too)