RE: Women in banding

Thanks for the support Ian. I play with the Girls Band and am very proud to
be involved. Lots of stuff has been branded around in the past. The usual
sexist comments (although I wouldn't expect any less from the people that
have been making them). The band has always existed purely to raise money
for charity - Breast Cancer in particular. We are not trying to make a
point, and if some of the girls are pretty to the eye then great, I just
wish we could have more comments about the musical content, or what a good
job Tracey, Claire and Jill have done in organising the whole thing.
It was good to see such praise in the Brass Band World and Bandsman after
our previous job and I'm looking forward to many more..... By the way, after
all the talk about money in banding, none of us get paid, we all do it for
nothing - We enjoy the challenge, the friendship and most of all the
standard of playing.