Hartepool contest controversy

There may ba story going round the brass band world, that Ever
Ready contrived to 'hide', 'steal', 'misplace' Fishburns' Euphonium
music of King Messenger for the contest held ib Hartlepool in
December last year.  This meant that Clive Parker had to play the
piece from a spare score and subsequently 'lost' the contest to Ever
Ready!!!

The fact that the piece of music in question happened to be found in
our 2nd trombone players case a week later is irrevelevant!

May I take this opportunity to dispell any of these rumours and wild
accusations.  We won that contest, didn't play particulary well, but we
p***sed it!

Dave McKay - Ever Ready Eb Bass Extraordinaire