Re: Controversial Contest Results

Having a knock-out style contest may be fairer in theory, but surely in
practice it'd be a bit difficult?  I know our band often have enough
problems agreeing on an "early" or "late" draw, due to work commitments etc.
  How many people would really be happy at possibly having to hang around
all day, going on and off stage a number of times? And of course, the bar
would be much less appealing if you still had to play a test piece all the
way through...
I do like the idea in that it might be slightly fairer though I think I
prefer the idea of multiple adjudicators.
Julie
Tullis Russell Mills