disappointments

To Bill Walker. Yes Bill the only way to practise those parts is bar by bar,
and beat by beat, if necessary and join them up. One also needs to aim for
something one can achieve. I am in the over 50s club and think nothing of
leaving the extremely top register to the young'ns. Besides their arteries
are in better condition. I feel you would be better on 2nd. bari, developing
the lower register and enjoying the lovely sounds of the baritone without
the hassles you are facing now. It is amazing how fast the band will find
2nd. bari parts when you tell them you are now a dedicated 2nd. bari player.
Other bands might be able to provide copies of missing parts, or they can be
copied out from a full score. Depending on how complete the band is you
could play the 2nd. trom parts if the band really can't find a 2nd bari one.
Don't give up. You realy haven't found you niche yet. From Kaye
2nd horn. Dandenong Band. Australia.