Re: Disappointments

Dear List
I am not a brass band musician. My interests in banding and this list
are due to the fact that all my family are brass band musicians and yes
...........I like brass music.
Over the last two years I have lurked and occasionally voiced an opinion
on this list that always came from an audience's perspective as opposed
to the players opinion that the majority of you express.
On this list I have witnessed elitism, sexism, intolerance to those that
are average, whining about contests results, bickering between bands and
just about every human failing we all are born with. Above all I have
been privileged to experience the love of banding and brotherhood (yes
girls - sisterhood as well) that brass banding people are blessed with.
Tonight I read Bill W's email re the difficulties he is experiencing in
his playing. I was extremely moved by his posting for it exhibited what
I consider the heart and soul of banding. I would urge all those on this
list who have the experience and talent to assist Bill to do so, because
in my humble opinion, if we don't have the "Bills" in banding we don't
have banding.

Tony Kavanagh