Re: Disappointments

Hi Bill ...

Welcome back! I'm another who started back playing after a 20+ year lay off!
I found that a good regular practice routine, playing daily for short
periods and gradually increasing helped to build my chops. After 2 years
(yup, 2) I finally am reaching the point where I'm starting to be
comfortable with Solo Horn parts. But it took discipline, regular, daily,
practice using Arban's (or another good method) and warming up slowly and
carefully.  Hope this helps

BTW, I'm in the "over 60" group, too!

Cheers!

Lloyd Hiscock
Tenor Horn, Woods Manufacturing Brass Band

>As I have indicated before I have started playing again after a 43 year
>rest.
...... I struggle and