Re: Rehearsal (at the contest venue)

Does hiring the hall cost money?.........Of course.
Can all the bands afford to do it?.......Not likely.
Is the hall, by time or distance available to all equally?........I doubt it.
Is there such thing as a home court advantage?.......ask any coach.
Sounds to me like something we Yanks call a "no-brainer"
It gives more advantage to well off bands and puts the strugglers
more on the out.
If you write a rule, though, are you going to say that anyone who
played a legitimate(?) concert at the venue ineligible to compete
there....for how long?

Ed Carroll
Solo Tenor
Las Vegas British Brass Band