Re: Disappointments/contests.

David

I must agree with you on the quality of Salvation Army Band and Music.  I
was unaware that they had brass band championships, but was aware of
regional music festivals.  I guess they have changed over the years along
with everyone else!

Congradulation on your persistance in playing.  I would rather here two
music lovers playing that 32 misic prima dona's trying to out do each other.
Here in the states, I have tried to get some interest in small ensemble
work, but no one wants to spend the rehearsal time unless they are going to
make some money.

I play Euph and have just met a BBb tuba player who is retired and expressed
and interest in doing some small group work.  What instrumentation do you
use.  Where did you get you duet music and what kind of groups have you been
playing for?

I enjoy you posts, so keep them coming.

You mentioned you are an "old aged pensioner".  I retired from the US Army
seven years ago, and draw a pension, but I am a long way from being old.  In
fact, I work full time in my second career.  Just how old are you and your
playing partner.  I know that I play better today than I did thrity years
ago, and I do not play to stop for a good many years.

Please write directly to me to avoid cluttering up the list.

Ken Long
kenlong1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Here is a tricky question.!  Has anyone got the results of the latest
> Salvation Army Regional  brass band championships.?    Yes...they do have
> some damn fine bands don't they.?   And their music is wonderful and can
be
> pretty difficult too.!    In regard to contests...again.sorry..but,there
> just seems to be more than ever before....and less and less concerts.
Ref.