Re: Contests are essential

From: Mike Lyons

> Roy Taylor wrote "Adrian, the obvious answer to that is, no they aren't."
> referring to the fact that he seems to think that the money-paying public,
> who are our avid fans and supporters, are not as important as contests.

Mike,

I obviously didn't express my opinion properly in the above sentence.  What I
intended to say was "No, they, the money-paying public (our bread & butter)  are
NOT less worthy".

That said, in my experience of 40+ years of banding, contests are still given
more attention to detail than any other event, rightly or wrongly.

Cheers,
Roy. Dandenong Band.