Re: Bent Brass

Carol WILLS wrote:

> "G'Day
>
> Can you do me a fav.
>
> Can you put a post on the Brass Band mail lists re an enquires
> about "The Brass Band"
>
> They have toured Australia on a number of occasions with
> their last tour called "Bent Brass"
>
> They were a comedy group from America and I think they were
> all professional Symphonic players.
>
> I am trying to find out some information about them.
>
> Thanks
> BJB"

Gudday!
Sadly, I haven't heard or seen anything from "The Brass Band" in years.
They are a group of 5 players from (I think) San Francisco and the emphasis is
very much on comedy, although the playing is absolutely phenomenal. They were
(apparently) very big in Australia in the '80s but as I say, I haven't heard a
thing about them since I left England. I do, however, have (illicit) copies of
two vinyl recordings made in 1981 and 1987 called "Just a Tiny Boo Boo" and
"Live & In Debt" which are as rare as hen's teeth.
If anyone has heard anything of them, I would love to know also.

Cheers,
Adrian