Area Rehearsal

Some justification...

The reason we are doing it is this.  The Midlands Area venue has changed
from a hall with one of the deadest, driest acoustics known to humankind
(East Midlands Conference Centre) to a venue which is, reportedly, an
old wooden/stone room, with a 'boom' factor a la Rochdale Town Hall
(Burton Town Hall).  As we have never played in the hall before, and as
we are going to be faced with such a drastic acoustical change from last
year, we took the initiative and, in September (6 whole months ago!), we
booked the hall for a rehearsal this Wednesday night.

We are not doing it to 'get one over' on any other bands in our
area...we just felt it would be reassuring to at least get a 'feel' for
the hall and the platform beforehand.

We are not expecting it to make a difference to our performance, but
when it comes to the crunch on Sunday afternoon, at least the stage and
hall won't be totally alien to us.

I will gladly give a report on Thursday about the hall, its design, and
what it sounds like.

I'll see some of you on Sunday...if we haven't been disqualified of
course..
--
Tim Morgan