Re: Disappointments/contests.

David Williams wrote:

>Dear Tom.   I am very sorry to have misled you.   My apologies.   My
"tricky
>one" was just to make the point that Salvation Army brass bands...who play
>wonderful music....brilliantly....do not, in fact, do any contesting !

Dave:

No apology needed.  Sorry that I didn't catch your drift.

I thought that perhaps a recent concert had occurred in your area featuring
a well-known SA band and a contesting band, as has happened in the London
area in the past (Enfield/Faireys, Enfield/Fodens).  While these are not
contests, per say, I'm sure that the atmosphere is electric and almost
contest-like at times.  This benefits both the SA and the contesting band
scenes, in my opinion.

It would be interesting to hear from list members where they feel that the
ISB ranks amongst the best bands in the U.K. at this moment, as they are
probably playing as well as they ever have at present.

Tom S.
NYSB