PC or not PC (was sexism in bands)

Kirsty, please......
Speaking as a person who is quite liberally minded, and has no objections
to any person as a member of the band movement, I am sick to death of this
pointless PC rubbish. I don't know where it comes from, but surely it has
no place on this list,where people (for the most part) simply wish to
discuss matters relating to banding.

The other alternative is,so as not to unwittingly insult all men, women,
children, persons who have undergone gender alteration, transvestite,
androgynous, and hermaphrodyte beings who might play with a band, is to
rename the term

"members of humanity who play with brass bands"

hmmmmmm...