Burton Town Hall

Burton Town Hall is a long, narrow room with a high, arched ceiling.
The walls are of stone and brick, with a wooden ceiling, supported by
large iron arches.   There are several windows along the sides of the
room (although these may possibly be curtained on the day).  The stage
itself is fairly high (about 5 feet or so from the floor), and it has a
balcony at the back.

It is fairly boomy, as we all thought it would be, and those bands used
to rehearsing in a dead acoustic would do well to bear this in mind...on
the stage, it is a lot more difficult to hear all the other parts going
in.

What concerns me most is the miniscule entrance area - the main entrance
from the street leads onto a tiny foyer and from there into the hall.
Obviously I don't know the logistics of the contest weekend, but if this
is the entrance to be used, people will be waiting in the street to hear
bands!  Secondly, is that a door at the back of the hall has the word
'BAR' written on it in big letters.  Although the bar facilities at
Nottingham were dreadful, I can't help thinking we need more than a
single wooden door to separate the drinking area from the playing area.
Maybe it won't be open...who knows?

Anyway, good luck to all bands this weekend.

Tim
--
Tim Morgan