RUMOURS

I heard an interesting rumour last night at band - I wonder if anyone on the
list can shed light on it.

Taking last week's topic (of rehearsing at the contest venue) to the
extreme, is it true that Y.B.S. recorded the Area Test piece (Philip
Sparke's Variations on an Enigma) last week - at the St Georges Hall
Bradford (the contest venue) conducted by Philip Sparke (the contest
adjudicator). (Apparently they have also hired out the St Georges Hall
Friday and Saturday nights for rehearsals!!).

What does everyone think on this subject?  Personally, if it is true can
Philip Sparke be considered a fair and impartial adjudicator?  What next,
get the adjudicator to take a few rehearsals before the contest?

I look forward to hearing everyone's comments but please remember this is
just an unconfirmed rumour at this stage.  (I've also heard that Grimethorpe
have logged a formal complaint with the Contest organisers.  Should it turn
out as I suspect to be true, I know for a fact that more bands will offer
complaints).