RE: Trombone slides?

I have a late seventies model Conn 88h, which has the spring fitted.  Last
summer I bought second hand 8H, just so I had a spare slide, needless to say
I was expecting a spring, so the 2 instruments would feel similar if not the
same.  Guess what.  No spring, result wasted time, as I resorted to using my
beloved 88H.

The spring is the  best thing on a trom slide, as it can act as a guide for
those fiddly intonation problems on closed position Cs, Es and Gs.

That's my opinion anyway.

Richard Walker