Burton on Trent

Let's have some verdicts on Burton as an Area venue...

Here's mine - from a contest secretary's point of view...

Organisation (rehearsal room, maps etc)    9/10
Hall (acoustics etc) 8/10
Temperature of bar/marquee (2/10)
General arrangements and lack of hassle (9/10)
Comparison with East Midlands Conf Centre - 10 million/10

But seriously - what do you lot think?  I think the Midlands committee and
the Burton on Trent Chamber of Commerce have put a pile of work into this.
The contest seemed to me to be a proper "joined-up" event - half price this,
cut price that, free beers at Norman's... Maps, coach passes, phone calls at
work telling us where to park...

Of course, nothing is ever perfect, and the two things that should be
addressed for next year are:
1.  Lack of a central focus...  The beer tent was too *cold* and too small
to get the full participation it should have done (or did everyone go to the
pub? (in which case, which pub?))
2.  If it had rained, we would have got pretty wet - put a BIG awning over
the main entrance into the Town Hall)

Otherwise... what do you reckon?

Jud (about time I turned this thing off-flugel!)