Re: Burton on Trent

----- Original Message -----
From: Judith Hayes <judith.hayes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Brass band list postings <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2000 10:17 PM
Subject: Burton on Trent

> Let's have some verdicts on Burton as an Area venue...

We were at the Town Hall

----infinitely preferable to Nottingham ........ but right about the Beer
Tent - we ended up in the Oak& Ivy - an easy 2 min walk away, and it
included Rugby!

What about the result?

In my opinion, First and Second were clearly correct, (Well done Ratby and
Thoresby , you will be worthy representatives of the Midlands at the Finals)
after which it all became a little random.

In view of the success of Ratby and Thoresby (just relegated from the
Championship Section), should the Midlands  be pressing for a Top Section of
14 or 15 bands to reflect the numerical strength of our region (around 96
bands).?

Can anyone fill in the gaps??
1 - Ratby,    2, - Thoresby,   3, Foresters.    4 - Coventry CPA    5 -
Newstead.     6 - Notts City Transport    7 - Derwent     8 - Fosse Dyke
9 - Hathern    10 - ?	11 - Enderby      12 - 19 ?    20 - Bilton?

Best wishes to all the other regions

T. Hounsome