Re: Burton on Trent

Yes Burton is a good venue for the musician but not for the spectator.
Having to queue up outside in the cold waiting for the band to finish was
not fun.

Other points:

The beer in the beer tent was  awful considering Burton is a brewery
town.

Desford were outstanding and to make matters worse we went on after them!

I listened to the 4th section (Haslemere Suite) a couple of band I noticed
only made the kids shout the "Hey" bit - was this to conn Mr Adjudicator
into marking them more favourably - I think so.

Till next year

Andrew Ellis
Sergeant - Parachute Regiment Band
Bass Trombone Unity Brass - 9th place and so back in the 1st section 2001
icq 60822973

www.paraband.org.uk
www.paraband.freeserve.co.uk