Re: Trombone slides?

May I share a bit of trombone lore?  The springs are OK; however, any
experienced trombonist will never tune or play with the slide
compressed completely into cork OR springs;-)

Then we'd be no better off than all of the 19th-century technology
users (keys and valves);-)

The reason we use the slide is that it is still better technology;-)

--
Henry Howey
Professor of Music