Lip misery!

I haven't been able to play for a weeh due to another cold type sore on
my lower lip.
Zovirax will not help except to make it bleed.
Alcohol (used externally) seems to be helping.
I have wondered about this situation for a long time and I may be
grasping at straws but is it possible toothpaste is causing my problem?
Off the subject:
Years ago, there was a famous pianist called Dame Moira Hess whose
rendition of Jesu Joy Of Man's Desiring by J.S.Bach was brilliant.
I am working on the piece as a Baritone and Piano duet and would like to
find a recording of Dame Hess's playing but cannot find anything.
Am I spelling her name correctly?
Thanks
BillW