RE: Good-Bye

Hey David

None of this goodbye c**p!

I for one look forward to your postings as its good to see how maturity
changes an outlook. It's alright for the young gung ho to pursue contests
but if you talk to the older blokes that have been through it all they all
seem to come back to playing for enjoyment and community rather than
practicing a test piece flat out for 6 weeks for an adjudicator that has a
personal subjective assessment.
With the postings you can hit the 'del' button after reading a few lines if
it doesn't spark any interest. There are a lot of lurkers out there who
probably feel they same way as yourself and they occasionally come up with
some gems that are worth while.

Down our end of the world it is 99% concert work and 1% competitions. Last
Sunday we did a gig (no fee) for the local Lions Club who are raising money
for a little tacker who needs a walking machine. Dull, overcast, spitting
rain 10-30am to 1-00 pm - playing on grass with a fairly small crowd due to
poor advertising. We gave some marches a suitable hammering, a few of the
organ grinder type numbers - 'Till etc., a couple to keep our interest and
test the reading ability of some of the troops and then we finally got
rained out.

The blow was still enjoyable. The locals enjoyed it and the Lions
appreciated the effort. (They have given us a lot of help in the past and no
doubt will in the future.) That to me is what banding is about - have a blow
(still with the aim of perfection), meet up with the mates, tell a few lies
etc.  Community banding.

Stick around - Lets put the mature perspective into it.

TiBaR (:- )}
Bairnsdale or the Bush (and I'm only 27, not like some old birds of 35)