Re: Good-Bye

Hi,

I have to agree. The majority of emails on this list seem to be about this
contest and that contest, who's getting paid what, etc . Yes, this is part of
banding , but not the only part. I'm sure not everyone on this list is part of a
championship band, or a contesting band, or even from the UK. This list is good
thing, and I've learnt a lot from it. Over time there has been some great
debates over technique, instruments,  music etc, but how many appeals for help
have gone unheaded, or good suggestions ignored? Yet it seems the slightest and
most insignificant aspects of contesting are argued at mind-numbing length!
Sure, contesting is a great buzz, but there is more to the movement.

Hang on in there David, they are some people out there who think bands are about
making music with your friends, and bringing music to the general public.

William