Re: Good-Bye

Always sad to see somebody leave David.

David Williams wrote:

> Reading the e.mails of the past few
> days it is apparent that contesting rivalry has become the dominant aspect
> of the banding "movement" of this country.

Mmmm...always has played a strong part of this list. But we do talk about other
stuff too.

>    No-one appears to realise that
> most folk could'nt give a toss about band contests....

There are many people on here (including myself) who have voiced their opinions
on contesting. I won't drag it all out again, but I think it may be 'time of the
month' for news to be about Areas.

> which is why newpapers
> and broadcasting companies over the years are ignoring the band "movement".

Big call - but see where you're coming from.

> Over the past few months' there has hardly been any mention of concert work
> or doing anything for "charity"... A
> few days' ago I mentioned that a pal and I had raised about 260 for the
> Mozambique flood disaster hoping that some bands would say...."Hey that,s a
> good idea, let's do something as well"    But all I have seen is about the
> week-end contests...the bar, etc.,... is the adjudicator to be trusted,and
> rumours.  Sorry...but I think the banding "movement" in this country has
> become too self-indulgent...and in some cases very greedy.
> Thanks to some who have been of help and encouragement.

As I said - always sad to see somebody go. But at the end of the day - a forum
like this is for people to voice their own opinions. Sometimes you can get 'You
are entitled to your opinion even though it's wrong' postings, but like I say -
this is where you can say what you want.

Thanks Nigel - still doing a fine job. One of those jobs that nobody else wants.

Tara David

Monkey