Re: David vs. Goliath

After visiting burton at the weekend i was amazed at the amount of people
expressing their feelings regarding pro players . I had 6 years contesting
with sovereign brass in the championship and when we practiced for weeks on
end only to be thrashed by bands that boasted they " only had time for 4
rehearsals" i found it very disheartening to say the least. we all moan to
each other but maybe these feelings need channelling to the right people but,
who are the right people? as everyone knows it is happening and it is quite
clear from this list that people are not happy with the current situation.
This is not sour grapes as i haven't played for almost 3 years now. I think
it is time these feelings were made clear to our committees and see if any
action can be taken before the contesting scene gets any worse as i feel
people wont bother as it is not worth it. what a shame it has come to this
when an amateur movement is being ruled by a proffessional minority.