Re: Good-Bye

David,

It saddened me to read your e-mail but I have to agree with most of the
points you've raised.

Our band has just been demoted to fourth section ( a fact which the majority
of our players are pleased about) We feel the same as you, our band is
initially for getting together to make music and meet friends - old and
young. Some players in our band have got 55 yrs service in with us and I
personally think they demand great respect.

We also do various concert work for charity. Indeed every Saturday through
December come rain/hail/snow you'll find us standing on the streets of Kirkby
Lonsdale playing christmas music or escorting father christmas(yes he does
exist!) through the streets. We always have our collection buckets handy and
our
committee have chosen various charities over the years to give our donations
to.

I'm sure that many of the list members like myself read your initial e-mail
about Mosambique (spelling?) with a feeling of "good for you!" although we
may not have voiced our opinions. something which I now regret as it seems
you feel your point may have been ignored.

Obviously at this time of the year the area contests are much in the public
eye. Indeed we'll be competing at Darlington on the 18th March - don't think
we'll get anywhere but that's another story.

I personally think the list benefits from the views of young and old players
alike. Surely that's what the list is for - the opinions which bridge the age
gaps.

Keep on listing!

Regards
Jacque (only aged 27)