Re: David vs Goliath

Rob Mason wrote:

> Surely we should legislate against professionals in our amateur hobby  or
> maybe we need a breakaway organisation, with bands committing to the cause
> of not paying contestants ?

You could have a valid point there Rob. Perhaps it is time to have a section for
any bands that have pro players.

how do you define a professional player?
How can you stop somebody wanting to play with a brass band?
What about those pros that WILL play for no money - just for the love?
Do any other mediums differentiate like this?

No easy answers I suppose.

Monkey