What age do you start blowing?

Hi all,

I have asked this question once before but never got a reply so I thought I'd
try again.

I wondered if anyone has experience of what age a child should be when they
start blowing. My husband and I were both five (now 32 and 27) and it doesn't
seem to have done us any harm, but a local musical director suggested our
daughter should be at least 8 before she starts(she''ll be 4 in April).

We could have a problem here - she already likes to 'buzz' with the
mouthpiece.

Having spoken to others the ages vary from 6 to 41 (the age my dad was when
he started blowing!)

Has anyone got any suggestions or experiences they can share with us.  We
have tried her with a recorder but that was "boring"

Cheers

Jacque
KLBB