Who cares about contest results anyway?

Hi all.

So what are the area results?  Nobody seems to know.  A little info here, a couple of supposed results there, could
you fill in the details here?????

I've been following the dribble of area results dutifully reported in this list and it occurs to me that with all
the opinions floating about over contesting, rules and the movement as a whole, the fact that nobody has an idea of
any area result shows that dispite this wonderfull email technology, (and the undisputed level of interest and
enthusiasm in banding), nobody seems to be interested enough to wait around and find out just what happened at the
contest they were playing in.

Does anyone have a complete list or know of one that is easily accessible on the internet?

Ok it's not easy staying sobber for the whole day to get the full list of results and who really cares about those
that went home without a top 3 placing....?

So here I harp on for a bit about other interests, for example hockey (that's Ice Hockey in Blighty) where you'll
find a laptop in the audience/crowd waiting to fill in every detail of every manover, and then lovelingly
downloaded onto a web site somewhere, for all to see, and in real time.

Look at any golf, soccer, basketball, tennis, curling, etc etc.. generally where there are two or more that have a
similar interest, then you'll find a web page, describing every flex of the muscle, bead of sweat, oh, and score.

The internet is the information super highway.  What happend to banding? Did it stall in a dead end or are we just
too busy grumbling about contest venues?

Should the national registry system be set up on the web with all the results, not just in Britain but with links
to registries in Australia, NZ etc...

You never know, it may just solve the problem of being disqualified on the day for not having the right players
match with the contest list.

Glad I got that off my chest.  I await any links to web pages with interest.

John Farmer BBb
Dayspring Brass Ensemble
Dayspring Presbyterian Church,
Edmonton, AB. Canada.