RE: Question of the Day

OK you asked so here goes :

Most gratifying performances : playing in local hospitals on Christmas
morning. Also playing at my great grandmothers 100th birthday party. Also
numerous charity concerts and rememberance jobs. These are the times when we
can give something back to the community.

Most memorable "contest" (sorry guys) performance : tie between English
Heritage North West Area with Swinton (David King) and Essence Of Time -
European Championships with Black Dyke (also David King). These were two of
the most highly charged emotional band performances I've ever been part of.

Most difficult/emotional performance : playing the Yorkshire area contest
with Dyke only 2 days after my step-father died. (especially the slow
movement), and then going on to record a solo to be played at his funeral.

Most memorable concert performance : appearing as guest soloist at the Nova
Scotia International Tattoo (Canada) before live audiences of over 7000
every night, plus TV audiences.

As far as words go, I have been lucky enough to receive advice from so many
great musicians and people that I couldn't pick out any single one.

However the words of Dan Marino Sr(father of the famous Dolphins NFL
Quarterback) always strike a chord with me :
"It's much more important to be a good person than to be a good
(football)player".

Thanks for this question Carol (and Dave W & Roy for their messages), it
really made me think and reflect on how lucky we are. I too would be
interested to see some more responses.

Steven Booth
http://www.sb-music.co.uk