R*de W**ds! (Re: David vs Goliath)

Dave Hogg expostulated:

> 1) It's F***ing difficult to maintain the standards required or a
> Championship section band in the face of other commitments

Apart from the fact that this sentence does not make any sense, on account
of "Flaming" (I assume?) being an adjective, I would rather not be forced to
decipher such terms of dubious propriety when it is clear than any number of
inoffensive alternatives would suffice: e.g. extremely difficult,
notoriously difficult, mind-bendingly difficult, etc...  :o)

Re: David vs Goliath (below) - What a pleasant manner in which to welcome to
the list a new contributor (whom I know to be an extremely dedicated member
of a non-sponsored band playing at the highest level).

> 3) Get off your high horse and share the pain  --- as well as the glory
> 4) You talk about 'the inner feeling'...There's nothing better than just
> getting on with life and accepting the cr** than comes with it.
> So stop whingeing, everyone's in the same shitty boat,

Great to see the enthusiasm shining through! (I think I must be in a
different boat because mine is not at all excremental).

> and if you still have a problem go and play dominoes down the local...

Is that by Philip Sparke?

Cameron