Re: Chewing

I must confess to being a chewer on occasions - not as a player - as a
conductor. This started after I turned to a section to say something at the
end of the first movement of a test piece and was so dry I could not get a
word out.

I was very roundly taken to task by an old lady after the Open who informed
me that I looked like a cow chewing the cud and would I consider stopping as
it was most distracting. I now suck Tic Tac instead. Incidentally Pete
Roberts chews non stop - you can tell him to stop if you like - but I'm not
going to. In fact I can remember him sitting during a massed band rehearsal
with Derek Bourgeois when he sat and ate his sandwiches right through
rehearsal. Whenever Derek looked in his direction in a sort of plea for him
to play something he simply said ' it'll be alright tonight'.

Jeremy