Re; What age to start playing?

I started my son playing at the age of 3 yes 3. He wouldn't leave the room
when I practised(Euph) and always wanted to blow it. I stood it on the floor
and he played a middle G straight away. I bought him a cornet for a fiver,
reconditioned it and he is now 21 and plays with The Band of the Island of
Jersey. He plays front row cornet, Flugel and often plays cornet solos but,
the amazing thing is, is that he is the bands principal percussioist and
teaches the marching team also. He seems to be a natural. He has been told
by the percussionist of Grimethorpe(Brassed off fame) that he could play
with a championship band. So I really think you are never too young and I am
very proud of my son and I am sure you will be of your daughter in years to
come.Get hold of an old cornet as I did, she will never put it down.
GOODLUCK!
 Dave (Jersey)