RE: Professional Players/Contesting

Richard Dyson wrote:
>The answer is Yes - but they are playing for Whitburn!! Whitburn isn't
>sponsored and it's players have to pay to be in the band and when we are
>successful pay to go to the Nationals, Open European.
I'm sure this is the type of band that true banders would like to see more
of.

Come come Tricky....so who used to sponsor Whitburn and fund their trips
down to the Nationals and the OPen?????
I know it was tough for you last year when you all actually had to struggle
like the rest of us unsponsored bands to get down to London,

For those not in the know..Whitburn used to be sponsored by Murray
International Metals...as in David Murray of Rangers FC fame...i dont know
figures etc but i am sure it was more than the odd tenner a week ;-)

At least you guys have had the benefit of sponsorship....some of us lowly
championship section bands have to struggle on and do scary jobs each
year..no mention of the Dalmellington Sponsored Marches!!!! in order to
boost band funds.

So, all i am saying is dont play the innocent and try to make it seem like
you guys have never been sponsored!!!!

Bestest and warmest regards ;-)
(hopefully no offence taken)
and see you next week at Troon....