RE: Professional Players/Contesting

From: Jane Baillie

> Come come Tricky....so who used to sponsor Whitburn and fund their trips
> down to the Nationals and the OPen?????
> I know it was tough for you last year when you all actually had to
struggle
> like the rest of us unsponsored bands to get down to London,

> For those not in the know..Whitburn used to be sponsored by Murray
> International Metals...as in David Murray of Rangers FC fame...i dont know
> figures etc but i am sure it was more than the odd tenner a week ;-)

Whitburn actually lost this sponsorship, which was considerably less than
our West Coast rivals, in the early 90's and gained an even smaller
sponsorship from a local sausage manufacturer. We will struggle even more
this year as we are funding a European Championship as well and hopefully we
will be doing the same next year!!

The band has been unsponsored since 1997 and in this time has risen from the
'other band' in Scotland to the one highest ranked in the BBW Rankings,
placed at Spennymoor and has just produced a critically acclaimed CD.

This isn't bad for a band which has no source of income other than hard work
by its members.

No offence taken Jane. If you want to assist in our fund-raising efforts to
represent Scotland at the European your donation will be most gratefully
received.

Richard Dyson