Disappointment.....old duffers and Rod Thomas birthday.

Hey Rod.   I believe you (re age) as I have seen your photo and you are
obviously younger than your lads !   In a mood of despondency I switched
this thing on fully intending to click "un-subscribe".....then I read again
the messages from you and Bill Walker and others on the list who I have
never met like Steve Larwood, Stephen Booth, Nanette....and many others who
I have become to regard as friends.....because of Nigel's efforts and his
brainwave in setting this thing up, and all the work it must involve.     So
I have decided to just take your advice.     I shall resort to "lurking" and
just swear at the screen.   Fred and I are now scheming on putting on a sort
of "Songs of Praise" (hymn singing) in aid of the awful flood business  (you
promised to sing with us Nanette !)   when he has fixed his water key on
that old Besson cornet of his..(sounds like a nightingale though).....then
maybe the world tour....if I can secure  the sponsorship from that Poli-Grip
Denture Fixative company ! (no chewing gum for me ). In the meantime....do
you really think we stand any chance of qualifying in the area contests for
the Albert Hall finals in October ?   We are wondering how to have a go at
this "multi-track" recording lark....so we sound sort of a bit louder.
We are still grateful to you for that music.(which we have performed)...and
Steve Larwood has sent us a lovely piece of music today to practice for our
next concert.....but its got TOP Cs  !!!   I told him we have.nt got that
high since the end of the last world war !   Please keep on encouraging us
"old duffers"      David. ( p.s. How does one lurk....or lerk ? )